Below you can find the results of Fascinating Facts Game 9 (Inventions). Thanks to everyone who participated in this game and sharing your comments. We have included a poll with four new categories for the next Fascinating Facts game for you to chose from. Please vote in the poll to the left for the topic you would like to see for Game 9 of Fascinating Facts.
Overall in this game our players scored an average of 33.4% correct to the five images provided regarding the inventions. The answers to each inventions are listed below. Before reviewing the answers below if you wish to once again review the images please click on the following link:
1) The first image in this game was of people with inner-tubes strapped around themselves.
Answer: Learn to swim aids.
Results: 56% Correct
Fact: These were invented in 1925 in Germany.
2) The second image showed a wooden box with a long line of paper coming from it.
Answer: First faxed newspaper.
Results: 0% Correct
Fact: In 1938 the first wireless newspaper was sent from WOR radiostation in New York.
3) The third image was that of two women wearing plastic face shields.
Answer: Snow storm protection.
Fact: Developed in Canada in 1939. (Obviously not a big seller.)
4) The fourth image shows a man on a bicycle with several plastic bubbles attached.
Answer: Invented to be a bicycle to be used both on land and in the water.
Fact: The Cyclomer, a bicycle on land and water can ride with a load of 120 pounds. This was invented in Paris in 1932.
5) The last invention in this series shows a vest worn by a police officer.
Answer: Heated Vest
Fact: Electrically heated vest, developed for the traffic police in the United States. The power is supplied by electric contacts in the street. Invented in the US in 1932.